Grounds Worker - Charlottesville, VA
Company: The Caton Companies
Posted on: May 12, 2022
$1,000.00 Hiring BonusManagement Services Corporation (MSC), one
of The Caton Companies, is central Virginia's leading property
management company. We take exceptional care of our properties, and
we are looking for energetic and motivated individuals who want a
great career at a growing company.Grounds Workers are heroes to our
residents. They keep our property in tip top shape, creating a
beautiful and peaceful environment for our customers. We don't
underestimate the power of a nice flower bed or well-trimmed grass
or a clear and safe sidewalk after a heavy snowfall. Our Grounds
Workers make it happen all year long!If you want to be the next
grounds worker hero, we have the job for you! Plus, we are offering
a $1,000 sign on bonus.Summary/Objective To maintain all outdoor
and common areas in a safe and attractive condition. The Grounds
Worker is a vital component of our community's day to day
impression on existing residents and prospective residents. As such
the Grounds Worker is expected to maintain a high level of quality
customer service and professionalism and ensure that property has
the highest level of curb appeal 365 day a year for MSC Apartments.
Preference given to Certified Pool Operator. Essential Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
- Physically walk the property on a frequent basis and remove
litter, debris, and pet droppings from the grounds. Maintain
cleanliness of all common areas, sidewalks, and adjacent to the
road, and in front of office.
- Perform "trash-out" duties at vacated apartments on a daily
basis. Remove all abandoned furniture, trash, and boxes. Transfer
to dumpster or storage area, whichever is applicable.
- Notify manager of any diseased, dying or dead landscape
- Be aware of chemical or fertilizing postings and signs.
- Clean property on regular basis. Rake, trim shrubs, shovel mud,
- Check and replace exterior lighting on a regular basis.
- Clean and maintain pool as directed.
- Perform routine maintenance on property as requested.
- Clean and sweep dumpster areas and all outdoor recreational
areas. Transfer trash and other items left outside of dumpster into
- Use blower to keep sidewalks, curbs and walking areas clear of
loose grass and brush.
- Shovel snow, plow and salt or use ice melt, as needed. Adhere
to company / site specific snow policy.
- Clean all common areas.
- Maintain awareness of proper safety precautions at all
- Be aware of all utility meter cut-offs, apartment and fixture
cut-offs, sewer cleanouts.
- Wear support belt and use safety equipment (goggles, masks and
gloves, etc.) as tasks dictate.
- Pressure wash sidewalks, driveways and garages as needed.
- Assist with "make-ready" duties when requested.
- Distribute resident communications, i.e. upcoming events, pest
control notices, newsletters, etc.
- Perform work area clean-up and safety-related duties. Position
Type and Expected Hours of Work This is a full-time position;
typical work hours and days are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to
4:30 p.m. Travel/ Driving
- Need to utilize personal transportation to pick up replacement
parts and supplies from vendors.
- "On-call" status for snow removal.
- Must have valid driver's license and automobile insurance
coverage. Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Little or no previous work-related skill, knowledge, or
experience is needed The Benefits--- Competitive Compensation
Package--- Comprehensive Health, Vision and Dental Insurance--- FSA
Program--- 401K Program with 4% company match--- 8 Paid Holidays
plus personal floating holiday--- 120 hours of accrued Paid time
Off (PTO) the first yearAnd more---Why you should apply:
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Benefits
- Award Winning TeamEqual Opportunity EmployerHP1PI174012316
Keywords: The Caton Companies, Charlottesville , Grounds Worker - Charlottesville, VA, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!