Market Leader - Charlottesville, VA
Company: First National Bank
Posted on: June 13, 2022
Job DescriptionFirst National Bank is actively seeking talented
people who will help us fulfill our mission: provide an
extraordinary customer experience. For over a century, we have
honed quality products and efficient services by attracting and
training top industry talent in the Charlottesville, Lynchburg, and
Danville areas. We seek candidates who strive to be their best in a
workplace where everyone feels valued and inspired.First National
Bank is proud to offer competitive benefits: medical, dental, and
vision insurance, Paid Time Off, Retirement plans that include 401k
and a Pension plan, Life Insurance, Tuition Assistance, Employee
Assistance programs and so much more. Do you desire to be part of
an exciting, fast-growing company? Extraordinary customer service
begins with outstanding employees! We invite you to learn more
about First National Bank by visiting our website at
www.1stnatbk.com. Job Summary: The Market Leader assists the Bank
in fulfilling its mission through the development and
implementation of strategies supported by the programs and services
deemed effective to achieve the Bank's goals and objectives for a
designated geographic market. The Market Leader will be responsible
for the build out and growth of market share in the defined market.
The Market Leader will successfully achieve business development
goals through presentation of both traditional and non-traditional
commercial and business products and services to existing and
prospective customers, making loans within delegated lending
authority, referring consumer business development opportunities to
appropriate Retail service providers, and making referrals to other
lines of business.Supervisory: This position has no direct
supervisory responsibility; however, the Market Leader will be
consulted regarding all other market employees' performance and
will be advised of changes related to any market employee's job
responsibilities. Consulting responsibilities performed in
conjunction with the Chief Lending Officer, Human Resources and
other Commercial team members as appropriate, include hiring,
training and developing, promoting and demoting, transferring,
counseling and disciplining, setting expectations and monitoring
compliance, holding employees accountable; evaluating, scheduling
and assigning work, terminating, and compensation planning.
Representative duties of the Market Leader:
- Executing the directives of the Chief Lending Officer and other
members of management.
- Individually performing activities to develop commercial and
business relationships in order to meet customer needs and achieve
- Making business decisions within designated authority.
- Collaborating with the Chief Lending Officer to develop
strategies incorporating both short- and long-term goals and
objectives for business development in the defined market.
- Conferring with the Chief Retail Officer and other leaders of
lines of business to plan, organize, develop and direct work that
drives toward achievement of the Commercial and Retail goals and
objectives specific to the defined market.
- Serving as the chief liaison between the defined market and
other First National Bank leaders and service providers.
- Ensuring that pertinent information is effectively communicated
throughout the defined market to customers, employees, other
members of management, regulators, vendors, general public, other
financial entities, bankers associations, and at community and
- Ensuring successful transition and integration to new business
systems, models, policies and procedures.
- Monitoring financial and operational results, providing reports
of results, comparing results with established measures, and
proposing appropriate steps to correct unsatisfactory results and
work within budgetary guidelines.
- Identifying business development and operational problems,
recommending solutions and implementing approved improvement
- Maintaining a current, broad knowledge of industry trends and
business practices as well as detailed knowledge related to defined
market functions through research and participation in relevant
seminars, civic organizations, legislative updates, industry
associations, subscriptions to relevant publications, and reports
from associates or other bank employees.
- Participating in bank-sponsored employee activities.
- Representing First National Bank in the marketplace and
promoting good relationships with all constituencies.Experience,
education, knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Holds BA or BS degree in business administration, finance or
other related field of study with two or more years of relevant
experience (AA or AS degree with six or more years of relevant
experience or ten or more years of relevant experience with no
degree may be substituted for bachelor's degree).
- Has significant experience required in commercial business
development with verifiable success.
- Experience preferred in regional or market management for
commercial and business development.
- Ability to recognize need for action, define problems, collect
data, establish facts, draw valid conclusion, propose viable
solutions and implement approved solutions.
- Has knowledge of relevant banking regulations and operational
policies and procedures.
- Sets priorities, organizes work, manages details, and completes
multiple tasks by set deadlines with minimal guidance.
- Has strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication
skills with ability to understand and carry out instructions,
interpret documents, write business communications, give
directions, speak clearly and make effective presentations to
shareholders, customers, employees, peers, management, committees,
civic and industry associations, and the general public.
- Works well both independently and in collaboration with
- Flexibility to work outside of normal business hours as needed
to fulfill job responsibilities.We are proud to be an
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Keywords: First National Bank, Charlottesville , Market Leader - Charlottesville, VA, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!