Company: Northrop Grumman
Posted on: June 20, 2022
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities
to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around
the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and
inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many
technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first
flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on
the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a
pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun
along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity,
cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we
have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our
employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Our Charlottesville, Virginia , Machining and Fabrication
department has an immediate opening for Assembler 2 in the
Hydraulic cell to join our team of qualified, diverse
Job Description and Qualifications:
Performs a variety of detailed tasks ranging from repetitive to
non-repetitive production assembly operations on electronic and/or
mechanical assemblies and subassemblies such as control modules,
panels, piping, hoses, and valves, pump/motor installation and
alignment, and frames.
A successful candidate will possess great communication and
interpersonal abilities, excellent organizational skills, a keen
eye for detail, manual dexterity, the ability to troubleshoot and
problem solve, learn quickly, work well independently and as part
of a team.
- Perform mechanical assembly specific to hydraulic systems.
- Works from operation sheets, diagrams, blueprints, and
- Uses hand and/or power tools.
- May disassemble, modify, rework, reassemble, and test
experimental or prototype assemblies and subassemblies according to
specifications and under simulated conditions.
- Regularly clean machines, related equipment, and work
- May monitor and verify quality in accordance with statistical
process or other control procedures.
- Follow established safety rules and regulations and maintain a
safe and clean environment.
- Obtains/maintains workmanship certifications.
- Performs other related duties as directed. Basic
- High School diploma or equivalent and 2 years additional
education and/or related experience.
- Ability to read blueprints, drawings, and alternate work
instructions for execution.
- Detail oriented and organized, with good time-management skills
and the ability to multi-task while prioritizing workload.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to lift and move objects up to 40lbs from one location
to another. Preferred Qualifications:
- Hydraulic component assembly.
- Working knowledge of hydraulic system performance and
- Experience with SAP.
- Additional computer training required, knowledge of various
software applications including MS Word, Excel, Internet, E-mail,
MS Office. Salary Range: $33,500 USD - $55,800 USD
Employees may be eligible for a discretionary bonus in addition to
base pay. Annual bonuses are designed to reward individual
contributions as well as allow employees to share in company
results. Employees in Vice President or Director positions may be
eligible for Long Term Incentives. In addition, Northrop Grumman
provides a variety of benefits including health insurance coverage,
life and disability insurance, savings plan, Company paid holidays
and paid time off (PTO) for vacation and/or personal business.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is a top
priority. The company encourages employees to remain up-to-date on
their COVID-19 vaccinations. U.S. Northrop Grumman employees may be
required, in the future, to be vaccinated or have an approved
disability/medical or religious accommodation, pursuant to future
court decisions and/or government action on the currently stayed
federal contractor vaccine mandate under Executive Order 14042
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse
workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital
status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any
other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency
statement, please visit http://www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S.
Citizenship is required for most positions.
Keywords: Northrop Grumman, Charlottesville , Assembler 2, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!