Leasing Specialist - Charlottesville, VA
Company: The Caton Companies
Posted on: June 23, 2022
Are you a people person? Are you positive and upbeat? Do you
have a helpful and friendly attitude? Would you love working with
totally cool people who work hard and have fun in the
process?Management Services Corporation (MSC) is a leading property
management firm with properties throughout Virginia, and one of The
Caton Companies. We are seeking a Leasing Specialist at our North
Woods at the Four Seasons apartment property in Charlottesville,
Virginia. The work of The Caton Companies is work that matters to
our communities and to society. At MSC, we take our jobs seriously
and work hard, but we like to have fun in the
process.Summary/ObjectiveTo market and lease rental units to
maximize occupancy for apartment properties. To perform all duties
of the position in a competent, professional and timely manner; and
in accordance with Company Policies and Fair Housing Laws.Essential
FunctionsReasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential
- Greet and assist residents, prospective residents and visitors
promptly and courteously.
- Answer all telephones promptly and provide courteous assistance
to callers; schedule appointments for prospects.
- Maintain office coverage.
- Provide all residents, prospective residents and visitors with
accurate information that pertains to the community, and the
- Keep all information up-to-date and maintain a file for
- Show and demonstrate apartments following proper show
- Pre-qualify prospective residents. Follow-up on all inquiries
through telephone and written correspondence. Process applications
thoroughly and promptly according to rental criteria, run credit
reports for applicants, verify employment and housing
- Submit applications to Property Manager for approval.
- Maintain considerate and timely contact with prospects and
- Accept application fees, reservation deposits, move-in rent
assuring all rental and record keeping procedures are followed
properly and carefully.
- Prepare leases legibly and accurately 24 hours prior to
scheduled move-in. Review leases and resident information
thoroughly with approved applicants prior to move-in.
- Maintain satisfactory ratios in relation to telephone to visit
and show to lease.
- Keep the move-in calendar updated.
- Prepare move-in packets as required.
- Maintain Daily Unit Status Report (DUSR). Input traffic
activity information in AMSI daily.
- Update timesheets daily and submit to Property Manager by 9:00
a.m. each Monday.
- Inspect available and model apartments for show quality and
maintenance work orders.
- Record description for pricing. Inspect rented apartments at
least 48 hours prior to move-in date. Complete work orders for any
needed repairs, report to the Maintenance Department any
significant concerns prior to move-in.
- Follow-up with Maintenance Department on repairs, prepare
notice to the resident of any incomplete repair work.
- Complete a move-in condition report detailing all existing
- Meet daily with the Maintenance Department to review turnover
and apartment availability dates.
- Assist in promotional planning and follow-through.
- Perform daily marketing duties such as installation and removal
of temporary signs and balloons, removing ads from papers and
publications, preparing the leasing center and model for guests,
- Attend training and office staff meetings as required.
- Maintain office supplies and forms. Organize desk, office and
keys before closing daily.
- Follow opening and closing procedures carefully.
- Strive to meet company, department and individual goals.
Interact with co-workers in a courteous and professional
- Be a team player.
- Become familiar with and follow Company Policies.
- Become familiar with and follow Fair Housing Laws and Practices
and the Virginia Residential Landlord and Tenant Act. Become
familiar and follow property specific policies and
proceduresPosition Type and Expected Hours of WorkThis is a
full-time position; typical work hours and days are Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m. and some Saturdays 9:00 a.m. - 4:00
p.m.Travel/ DrivingOccasional need to utilize personal
transportation to inspect apartment property and surrounding
neighborhood, make trips to bank and also visit corporate
office.Required Education and ExperienceHigh School Diploma or
equivalent Some marketing, sales or customer service experience
normally acquired by some work experience.The Caton Companies offer
401(k), excellent medical/dental coverage, as well as other
benefits.Equal Opportunity EmployerHP1
Keywords: The Caton Companies, Charlottesville , Leasing Specialist - Charlottesville, VA, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!