Data Scientist (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
Company: Shine Systems & Technologies
Posted on: September 13, 2019
(ALL CANDIDATES MUST HOLD AN ACTIVE DOD TS/SCI CLEARANCE TO
We are seeking a mathematical and statistical scientist who
possesses a strong background in the development and application of
data mining, analysis, aggregation, fusion, and visualization in
order to process, analyze, and integrate raw data facilitating the
production and dissemination of scientific and technical
intelligence and general military intelligence relating to foreign
ground forces research, development, systems, and operations. Focus
of work is to contribute to data-driven all-source analysis,
assessment, and decision making and implement innovative
methodologies which enhance production and dissemination
activities. Must currently possess a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
This position is located at a Government installation in
Charlottesville, VA.Required SkillsTHE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST
BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
- Possess a DoD TS/SCI clearance.
- MA/MS in Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field with 3-10
years of experience.
- Experience in processing, tagging, and indexing unstructured,
semi-structured, and structured classified and unclassified data
- Experience developing research designs, including formulating
testable questions, identifying and defining key concepts and
variables, and matching appropriate methods to problems.
- Experience in data project management, including cleaning and
preparing data, and creating, structuring, and maintaining data
- Understanding of data analysis, including manipulating datasets
and interpreting findings using a mix of programs/environments,
such as R, Python, Matlab, and techniques, such as text and pattern
analysis, classification, change/anomaly detection, time-series,
regression, geospatial, and/or social network analysis.
- Experience using text/web analytics for establishing and
expanding keyword searches and using bibliometric analysis tools to
perform horizon scans and deep dives into NGIC identified S&T
- Experience in creating mathematical models in R, Python, and/or
- Willingness to work in small groups or independently as
- Demonstrated technical writing and presentation skills.
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in Statistics, Mathematics, or Data Analysis with 0-3 years
- Experience reviewing and assessing military ground
- Experience with all-source assessments for intelligence
Keywords: Shine Systems & Technologies, Charlottesville , Data Scientist (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences), Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!