Propane Service Technician
Company: Foster Fuels
Posted on: January 15, 2022
The primary role of the Propane Service Technician, whose work
is to be performed across Foster Fuels' service area, is to be
responsible for the following activities; deliver, set and install
propane tanks, inside and outside lines, conduct system test and
purge cylinders and tanks consistent with company standards and
maintaining related documentation. Propane service technician will
also be responsible for installation and service of propane
appliances and heating systems. Extended and on-call hours are
required.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the values of the company to customers, prospective
customers and the public in a professional and respectful
- Will wear the uniform provided that displays the Foster Fuels
brand (pants, shirts and hats)
- Assist the Lead Propane Technician or independently install
propane tanks (above ground and underground) and appliances at
- Provide maintenance on existing propane systems and appliances;
to include periodic scheduled maintenance, repairs, gas leak
checks, pressure checks and appliance operations.
- Communicate effectively with the Service Manager about
installation complications, changes in the estimated arrival time
to work sites and accurately describe the work performed at a work
- Convey the results of service calls and the proper operation of
the appliance to the customer in a professional manner.
- Install propane regulators, run propane lines from the storage
tanks to the facility, and connect to appliances.
- Operate machinery such as mini-excavators, trenchers and crane
- Conduct truck inspections and ensure required inventory and
tools are available to conduct the installation.
- Manage details of the service call to ensure that jobs are
complete and signed off as completed and closed.
- Advocate for all aspects of safety for the service department
including appropriate personal protective equipment, proper lifting
of heavy parts and equipment, hazardous materials handling and
general safety awareness
- Perform any other tasks and duties as assigned, which may or
may not relate to the normal scope of this positionRequired Skills:
- Previous mechanical, utility or HVAC field experience
- Punctual and flexible work schedule required.
- Previous customer service skills in an industrial service
- Must currently hold a CDL Class B with endorsements or achieve
one within 6 months.
- Must hold a valid DOT Medical Card and keep current for the
duration of employment
- Must have a clean driving record (0-points) and maintain a
clean driving record for the duration of employment.
- Required to participate in continuing education for applicable
NPGA/CETP certifications and state and federal licensing
- Must abide by a Drug Free Workplace and Smoking policy.
- Required to use tablets and smart phones on a daily basis for
timekeeping, record keeping and other daily work use.Preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of pipe capacity and gas
- Must participate in Continuing Education to achieve Gas Fitters
- Action oriented, dealing with ambiguity, approachability,
composure, conflict management, customer focus, decision quality,
informing and effective written and verbal communicationOther
- Physical Requirements include but no limited to; lifting up to
50 pounds, using hand tools (shovel, hoe, rake, hammer, screw
drivers, drills, etc.) pushing, pulling, squatting, crawlingAll
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status,
age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other
legally protected status.
Keywords: Foster Fuels, Charlottesville , Propane Service Technician, Professions , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!