Company: Commonwealth Senior Living
Posted on: July 16, 2019
Construction ManagerUS-VA-CharlottesvilleJob ID: 2019-5079Type:
Regular Full-Time# of Openings: 1Category:
LivingOverviewConstruction Managers oversee all aspects of
additions and renovations at our communities, collaborating with
the Vice President of Construction and Development in the
coordination of design and Project activities for both newly
acquired and existing properties. The primary objective is to build
value in communities that ensure the best quality of life for the
residents of Commonwealth Senior Living.Commonwealth Senior Living
is a recognized leader in senior living, employing nearly 1,500
associates, and is a recent recipient of the Great Place to Work
- Coordinate and assure performance of all preventative
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain
- Prepare work schedules and follow up for maintenance personnel
by managing and delegating the work orders and maintaining
- Set up periodic inspections of the total property systems of
checking such items as roof, building fa--ade, parking lots,
grounds, signs, etc.
- Initiate, supervise and maintain an up-to-date repair record on
all equipment and maintain an up-to-date work list for the job and
ensure all work is completed in a timely and effective manner with
respect to assigned priorities.
- Initiate a training program to insure training is implemented
and completed by all maintenance personnel, inspects all
fire-fighting equipment according to time period and instruction
required by law.
- Operate and maintain all buildings and grounds, all security
and transportation systems in accordance with Federal, State and
local OSHA standards.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete the painting, repair
and general refurbishment within the prescribed time frame.
- Head up the Safety Committee.
- Respond to maintenance emergencies at any time needed.
- Maintain grounds and outside areas of building, including and
not limited to: sprinkler system, outside lights, driveway and
parking lots, in a clean and working condition.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals
- Other duties as assignedQualifications
- Broad experience in Construction & Development
- Ability to travel extensively
- Experience managing complex project, competing deadlinesJob
- Ability to supervise employees using independent judgment
- Must be able to work within a constantly changing
- Demonstrate compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must have ability to coordinate a variety of tasks
simultaneouslyAreas of Responsibility
- Ensures the timely commencement and delivery of multiple
- Complete projects within approved budget/s.
- Provides accurate and timely budget and cash flow information
- Provides information/updates as required by Lenders.
- Develops an integrated project plan outlining roles and
responsibilities, timelines, budgets, and key milestones.
- Maintains high level of communication within the project team,
and the CSL community as a whole, to assure all stakeholders are
kept properly informed of project activities.
- Effectively communicates necessary details to the Vice
President of Construction and Development.
- Displays a willingness to take initiative to make decisions,
exhibits excellent judgment, effectively articulates reasoning
behind decisions made and includes appropriate people in the
decision making process.In Collaboration with the Vice President of
Construction and Development
- Oversees the design process with Architects in conjunction with
Civil, Structural, and MEP design.
- Manages the contractor selection and competitive bidding
process to develop and ensure compliance with Project budgets and
- Manages the FF&E process: sourcing, procurement, and
- Assists the Vice President of Maintenance/Capital Expenditures
in overseeing property condition assessment for existing
communities on an annual basis, developing annual CAPEX plan based
on findings, and coordinating execution of the CAPEX plan.
Keywords: Commonwealth Senior Living, Charlottesville , Construction Manager, Professions , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!