Maintenance Shop Technician C
Company: Republic Services
Posted on: November 10, 2019
POSITION SUMMARY:?With direct supervision from a Lead Technician,
Maintenance Supervisor or Maintenance Manager, a Maintenance
Technician C performs preventive maintenance on diesel and
non-diesel equipment and trucks. This position requires basic
knowledge of vehicle systems to perform routine maintenance and
repair. Enjoy the benefits of working on a single fleet with
state-of-the-art equipment, supporting our drivers as they run
their routes and servicing some of the most technically advanced
vehicles on the road.
- Tackle a new challenge every day
- Maintain and repair highly intricate and powerful
- Receive training on new technologies and equipment
- Work a regular shift in a stable industry
- Be recognized for exceptional performance
- Follow strong career paths for professional growth
- Enjoy competitive wages and benefits
- Join us and help make a positive impact on your community, your
environment, and your world.PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBLITIES:
- Maintains a basic knowledge of a vehicle's mechanical and
electrical systems to perform basic preventive maintenance and some
- Areas of equipment maintenance may include: Vehicle PM
inspections and adjustments; Oil changes and fluids replenishment;
Adjustments and light repairs including tire changes; and Basic
electrical work, such as light changes; Conducts visual inspections
to identify potential equipment issues and identify the sources of
malfunctions using a variety of tools.
- Completes applicable Company training programs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or
- Completion of a certified diesel maintenance program is a plus
but not required.
- Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification T8 PM is a
plus but not required.
- Valid Driver?s License is preferred.Republic Services is an
equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran
status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected
by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general
nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this
position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive
list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an
incumbent so classified.-- Furthermore, they do not establish a
contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion
of the Company.
Republic Services, Inc. is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and
waste services. Through its subsidiaries, Republic---s collection
companies, transfer stations, recycling centers and landfills focus
on providing reliable environmental services and solutions for 14
million commercial, industrial, municipal and residential
customers.Each day, Republic empowers more than 31,000 exceptional
employees to do their best work. The Company takes pride in the
commitment to the safety of employees and communities; customer
engagement; environmental stewardship and sustainable practices;
community involvement, and innovation in all aspects of its
business operations. Republic strives to be an employer of choice
for top talent and works to create and maintain an environment that
attracts, develops and retains people who are aligned to serve
customers and preserve the planet.
Keywords: Republic Services, Charlottesville , Maintenance Shop Technician C, Professions , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!