Nursing Professional Development Generalist
Company: University of Virginia
Posted on: June 6, 2021
This role incorporates skills of a clinically proficient RN with
the knowledge, skills and abilities related to nursing professional
development in order to advance the healthcare practice of
learners. The NPD Generalist will spend approximately half their
time in patient care delivery and half doing work related to
education and training in various settings.
- Practices Relationship-based Care principles in support of the
PNSO Care Delivery System
- Demonstrates understanding and commitment to the PNSO Practice
Model by role modeling the elements of innovation, quality
achievement, lifelong learning, leadership and expert caring. These
elements are the foundation of our care delivery system.
- Uses an interdisciplinary approach to patient care across the
continuum of care.
- Manages care and implements treatment plans at a highly
developed skill level in collaboration with patients, their
families, physicians, and other members of the health care
- Continuously assesses practice gaps in the care delivery
setting in order to identify learning needs.
- Identifies desired outcomes of the educational plan.
- Establishes an achievable plan that prescribes strategies,
alternatives, and resources to achieve expected educational
- Coordinates and implements the identified education plan.
- Facilitates positive learning and practice environments.
- Evaluates progress toward attainment of desired outcomes.
- Integrate ethics in all areas of practice.
- Maintains current knowledge and competency in nursing and
nursing professional development.
- Strives to promote and practices evidence based practice in
delivery of nursing care and educational activities.
- Uses principles of Lean Methodology and Quality Improvement in
nursing care delivery and educational design.
- Acts as a change agent in all settings.
- Provides leadership in the professional practice setting.
- Collaborates with the interprofessional team, leaders,
stakeholders and others to facilitate positive outcomes.
- Evaluates personal practice in relation to professional
practice standards and guidelines in all settings.
- Practices good stewardship of resources through identification
of learning opportunities, monitoring of allocation and use,
documentation of decisions and activities and evaluation of
- Advances the role of clinical RN and NPDS Generalist through
mentorship and contributions to the Demonstrate commitment to NPD
practice model by achieving NPD certification within six(6) months
Position Compensation Range: $29.54 - $47.26 Hourly
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing program, Bachelor of
Science in Nursing
Minimum of three(3) years clinical experience and demonstrated
leadership activities including certification in nursing specialty
License/Certification: Licensed to Practice as a Registered
Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association
(AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently
traveling, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and
visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly;
Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals,
blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System
which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and
Nursing, UVA Physician's Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences
Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our
faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing
itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences.
We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political
affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual
orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic
Keywords: University of Virginia, Charlottesville , Nursing Professional Development Generalist, Other , Charlottesville, Virginia
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!